4 Star Classic British Horror, Now in Beautiful Blu-ray.
A classic Hammer Horror from the skill of Terence Fisher, (The Curse of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Hound of the Baskervilles and Dracula: The Prince of Darkness) a fine pedigree for a great British film studio.
Staring Hammer favourites Cushing and Lee. 4000 years ago the Princess Ananka, (Yvonne Furneaux, La Dolce Vita) is buried. Her high priest Kharis, (Christopher Lee, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers) has had illegal feelings for the Princess and after her interment he returns to her sarcophagus to revive her with a forbidden spell.
Spring forward to the 1890’s Egypt, the British have arrived and they intend to dig, Stephen Banning, (Felix Aylmer, Quo Vadis) discovers a hidden entrance in a hillside along with his partner Joseph Whemple, (Raymond Huntley, The Dam Busters) and his injured son John Banning, (Peter Cushing, Star Wars:Episode IV – A New Hope).
The British desecrate the grave and by accident one of them reads the reanimation spell, but the only thing that is dead in the tomb is the yet undiscovered Mummy (Lee).
There’s your story that has spawned many remakes with the same name, now looking crisp clear and colourful, even to the point of seeing the emotions in the voiceless mummy’s eyes.
The Mummy is available as a 3 pack, 1 Blu-ray and 2 DVD’s with loads of extras.
- Unwrapping the Mummy: The Making of a Hammer Classic. 30mins
- The Hammer rep Company. 14mins
- The House of Horror: memories of Bray. 46mins
- Still Gallery.
- The World of Hammer: Hammer stars Peter Cushing. 24mins
- Original promo reel. 5mins
- Stolen Face. 1952 Terence Fisher b/w Film
- Rom Content. Booklet by Robert J.E. Simpson.
- The Mummy is a great edition to any Classic Horror collection.
Available to buy on Blu-ray Now.