The Last House on the Left is a 2009 remake of the 1972 horror film written and directed by Wes Craven (The People Under the Stairs, The Hills Have Eyes). This excellent incarnation of the story is written by Adam Alleca (Delirium, Cell) and Carl Ellsworth (Unhinged, Disturbia) and directed by Dennis Iliadis (Hardcore). It is now available to buy in the UK on Limited Edition 4K and Blu-ray courtesy of Arrow Video.
“You know what, Mari? I think Justin here could be kind of cute if he lost his whole, like creepy, hooded, unabomber kind of vibe he’s got going on.”
As the film opens, we see Krug (Garret Dillahunt – Where the Crawdads Sing, No Country for Old Men), a dangerous criminal being transferred to a high security facility by law enforcement officers. The car is run off the road and Krug escapes, with the help of his brother Francis (Aaron Paul – Need for Speed, Breaking Bad) and his girlfriend Sadie (Riki Lindhome – Knives Out, Changeling).
Meanwhile, promising young swimmer Mari (Sara Paxton – The Innkeepers, Aquamarine) is heading off on vacation with her parents Emma (Monica Potter – Saw, Patch Adams) and John (Tony Goldwyn – Oppenheimer, Plane) to their cabin by the lake. As soon as they arrive, she borrows the family car and goes into town to meet up with her friend Paige (Martha MacIsaac – What Keeps You Alive), who works in a store.
A young man named Justin (Spencer Treat Clark – Mystic River, Animal Kingdom) wanders in and offers them a smoke back at his hotel. They agree but are in for a nasty shock when his father and uncle arrive home, Krug and Francis. They can’t afford to let the girls go, so they take their car and start to make a run for it.
As things escalate, Paige is killed and Mari is shot and left for dead. With a storm rolling in, the family take refuge at a nearby house, little realising it belongs to the parents of the girl they just raped and tried to kill. Mum and Dad will stop at nothing to get their revenge.
“Stopping the bleeding is more important that fishing for a f*****g bullet, get me a knife, now.”
The acting is very believable and they delve right into the subject matter. It’s brutal, gory, revenge horror at it’s finest, and works just as well as the original. The ultimate cautionary tale of what happens if you mess with a man’s daughter. This is an excellent conversion too, which shows everything in all it’s gruesome detail.
Packed with special features, this Limited Edition box set is a must own for fans of the genre.
“Well, well, what’s this? This Emma down by the lake? You two planning a daring escape at sea, huh?”
The Last House on the Left is available to buy now on Limited Edition 4K UHD and Blu-ray
4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Two version of the film: the original Theatrical Version (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray) and the Unrated Version (Blu-ray)
• Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio for both films
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both films
• Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Zoë Rose Smith
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Eric Adrian Lee
DISC ONE – THEATRICAL VERSION (4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY)
• 4K (2160p) Ultra HD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of the original Theatrical Version of the film
• Exclusive new filmed introduction by director Dennis Iliadis
• Brand new audio commentary by David Flint and Adrian Smith
• A River of Blood, a new 31-minute interview with Sara Paxton
• The Notorious Krug, a new 27-minute interview with actor Garret Dillahunt
• Suspending Disbelief, a new 18-minute interview with screenwriter Carl Ellsworth
• Reviving the Legend, a new 33-minute interview with producer Jonathan Craven
• Look Inside Featurette, from the films original 2009 release.
• Deleted scenes
• Theatrical trailer
• Image gallery
DISC TWO – UNRATED VERSION (BLU-RAY)
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Unrated Version
|Starring||Sara Paxton, Tony Goldwyn, Monica Potter, Garrett Dillahunt|
|Available to buy on :|