Bigger, Badder, Louder
New director David Leitch (Atomic Blonde, Deadpool 2) was given a mega budget film ($200,000,000 (estimated)) and he blew the lot (almost literally). With Chris Morgan (The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, 47 Ronin, Fast & Furious 9) at the writing helm you know Hobbs and Shaw comes with a full pedigree certificate for the Fast and Furious action that is about to hit your home screen. Hobbs & Shaw features over 80 minutes of never-before-seen bonus content including an alternate opening, deleted and extended scenes and several featurettes with the film-makers and cast that take fans further into the thrilling story.
It’s dark in London and some terrorists are moving a dangerous consignment which Hattie Shaw (Vanessa Kirby, The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman, Jupiter Ascending, The Crown) and her team of MI6 operatives are desperately trying to retrieve, the programmable supervirus dubbed “Snowflake” from terrorist organization Eteon. Things are going well for Hattie and her crew until Eteon (Eteon believe in that humans should evolve through technology within the body as well their hi-tech weapons etc.) super-operative Brixton (Idris Elba, The Dark Tower, Bastille Day, Pacific Rim) arrives and kills all Hatties team as she tries to get hold of the CT17 virus.
Things are looking desperate for Hattie and she takes her only option, she injects the virus into herself and makes her escape. Brixton thinks fast and frames Hattie for killing her team and stealing the virus. Now she is wanted and needs to be found.
In the UK Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham, Mechanic Resurrection, Parker, Crank, The Transporter) is visiting his mother Queenie (Helen Mirren, Woman In Gold, The Long Good Friday, Red, The Queen) who moans at him for becoming estranged from his sister Hattie. Meanwhile in Los Angeles Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson, San Andreas 3D, Baywatch, Central Intelligence, Race to Witch Mountain) is having lunch with his daughter Samantha (Eliana Sua) who for a school project is researching the Hobbs family tree and she asks her father about a photo she found in the garage, it’s a photo of his brother. (All the background being sorted.)
Things change for Hobbs and Shaw when they find out about Snowflake and Hattie and they are forced to work with one another to find Hattie and retrieve the TC 17 from her blood stream before the world is ruined.
Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaw is a Blast. With Johnson’s comedy timing and Statham’s stoic violent demeanour, you know there are going to be sparks.
Super Cars, Super Villain’s and Super Action.
A great way to spend an evening over and over again.
- ALTERNATE OPENING*
- DELETED/EXTENDED/ALTERNATE SCENES
- JOHNSON & STATHAM: HOBBS & SHAW – Why this film duo works so well together on and off the set.
- PROGRESS OF A FIGHT SCENE WITH DIRECTOR DAVID LEITCH – From script, to storyboard, to finally arriving on set and working with cast and crew, this piece will illustrate the progression of fight scenes from concept to execution.
- PRACTICAL ACTION – Any film featuring Jason Statham or Dwayne Johnson is sure to be action packed and feature some over-the-top fight scenes. For the film, each fight sequence was carefully choreographed and shot ahead of time for the actors to use in training and ultimately in shooting the scene.
- THE BAD GUY* – Fans can explore what makes the ultimate baddie, as well as Brixton’s backstory, casting Idris Elba, special effects for his cyber features and what makes him tick.
- THE SISTER* – This piece will highlight Vanessa Kirby as Hattie Shaw – she may be Deckard Shaw’s little sister, but don’t be fooled, she’s equally capable of kicking just as much ass as he does.
- HOBBS’ FAMILY TREE* – This character piece will highlight the extended family of the Hobbs heroes. From Hobbs’ daughter, mother and brothers, take a high-energy, behind-the-scenes look at their time on set.
- THE MATRIARCH* – With her brief appearance in HOBBS & SHAW, audiences are reminded of the matriarchal might of Helen Mirren as mother Shaw. This piece will feature Mirren in her return to the role.
- NEW FRIENDS – Featuring hilarious moments with the cameos featured in the film, this piece will showcase some of the best moments from their days on set.
- ELEVATOR ACTION* – The elevator scene in the trailer – yes, you know the one. This is just one of the crazy stunts in the film – now fans can see how it was done.
- STUNT SHOW AND TELL* – Along with film clips and stunt vis, this firsthand look at some of the key sequences in the film will peel back the layers of the stunt process.
- KEEPING IT IN THE FAMILY: A CONVERSATION WITH ROMAN AND DWAYNE* – In this intimate conversation, Roman Reigns and Dwayne Johnson discuss their personal relationship, coming from a long lineage of wrestlers, and what it’s like to be working side by side on a project so close to Johnson’s heart.
- BLIND FURY* – Dwayne reveals the inspiration behind one of the film’s key scenes – his grandfather!
- DWAYNE AND HOBBS: LOVE AT FIRST BITE* – We know how important family is to Dwayne Johnson, and his French Bulldog Hobbs is no exception. In this fun piece, fans can learn more about Dwayne and man’s best friend.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR DAVID LEITCH
* Exclusive to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and Digital Download